Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Walking for Joaquin 2009

We had a blast at our 2nd Annual Buddy Walk (a.k.a. Step Up For Down Syndrome) on October 25th. We raised a total of $1425.00 (just $75 away from my goal and there is STILL time to donate) and had exactly 60 team members walking with us on the most beautiful Fall day. Our colors this year were yellow and orange and I continued my tradition of tie dying t-shirts for all the kids "Walking for Joaquin". Joaquin's Aunt Jennifer made the most beautiful and amazing J-O-A-Q-U-I-N banner that was hand sewn and appliqued with love. Team "Walking for Joaquin" was shining bright that day!

Here are just a few photos from the day...more to follow soon!






3 comments:

  1. HOW FUN! It really looks like everyone had a blast. I love the picture of the little ones sitting on the blanket. So many friends to see grow over the coming years. If you have some extra time soon, give me a call, I would love to chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures- that banner is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...between you and Sheree, you guys couldn't be missed! It was great to see you all and all your family and friends supporting Joaquin!

    ReplyDelete