Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Night Away

Joaquin is 19 months old and on Friday, Hector and I had our first night away since he was born.

He did fine and he was in excellent hands with my mom and dad and his two brothers to keep him company. He woke up once at 11pm at night and clear as day said "Mom." My mom said he sounded just like his brothers and it startled her to hear him speak so clearly and adamantly. She had to convince him to drink some rice milk and eventually settled him back to sleep.

I'm still nursing him so we weren't gone for more than 24 hours. We left the boys at 2pm and we were back the next day by 9:30am. It was great to get away for the night. We went to a local bed and breakfast and we had dinner out, enjoyed a good book (Gifts 2!!!) and a movie in our room. We finished the night with a jacuzzi soak and couple's massage and facial. It was just what we needed.

We had a nice breakfast in bed the next morning but then I was eager to get home. How could anyone stay away too long from this...


By the way, Happy Birthday Papa!!!

9 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you finally got away and got a break for yourself and hubby. Sounds like you had a great time. I am sure it is very well deserved. He is such a cutie!! Just want to hug him up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! We should all do those kind of couple things regularly.
    Thank you for the tshirt, it arrived on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you guys! My hubby and I don't get away often either. Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just reading about it sounded great! I can't wait for my in-laws to get here...you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds amazing!! Glad you got a nice night out.

    Btw - I LOVE the new pics on your blog! It looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a perfect getaway! so happy for you guys that you were able to have a night out! the massage and facial sound like the best part :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sounds like a perfect retreat!! Good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you could do that. It's important to keep our marriages happy and healthy first and foremost.

    ReplyDelete