Thursday, January 1, 2009

Gratitude

Goodbye 2008....welcome 2009!

What a year it has been. One that I'm sure we will look back on for the rest of our lives. It was the year our lives were changed profoundly by the addition of our third son.

Let me share my thoughts of gratitude as the first day of 2009 comes to an end.

I am grateful for my husband who is so patient with me.
I am grateful for my children who give me so much love and joy and test me constantly and help me to be a better person.
I am grateful for our family, our friends, our neighbors, our community who have helped us in ways too endless to list here.
I am grateful for our home and it's coziness and closeness and the memories that we are creating in it.
I am grateful for our stability in terms of having a steady income from Hector's job and my ability to stay at home with our children even in these tough financial times.
I am grateful for our health.

My resolution this year is to live life one day at a time, to be present and to enjoy the simple things. I have made this resolution in the past and it has always been a challenge but I have a perfect example to follow and learn from now. Joaquin reminds me daily of what is good in this world. His constant smile cheers my soul and melts my heart. I know he has the same effect on Hector and the boys. In fact, he has the same impact on everyone he meets.

Happy New Year and may 2009 be filled with peace, love and joy.

5 comments:

  1. Wishing Joaquin, you and all your family a HEALTHY, HAPPY & PROSPEROUS 2009, wishing it will be filled with many blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, Hector, and your beautiful sons. We hope 2009 turns out to be the best year ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He definetly does leave his mark on all that meet him! And I am blessed that he is in my life! Thank you for being such great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and your family!
    I have just recently come across your blog and I have spent my Christmas Holidays reading it from start to end!
    I am really inspired by your writing and enjoy following your journey with your son.
    My son malakai was born 08/08/08 with DS and he is also the light of my life!
    Thank you for your inspirational words!
    Loren Stow
    www.malakaistow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete