Friday, October 3, 2008

Update on Andres

A post from Hector...

A few days ago I was chatting with my nephew Santiago and as always we talked about our families. "How is everyone doing?" Never anything too deep but I love how polite he is, always concerned about every single one of us. So I went through the motions of asking him about his brothers Juan Pablo and Andres, while I was trying to do some work on the computer at the same time. After I asked him about Andres, I got a little curious about what life with Andres was like and we started talking about the things that Andres likes to do. Andres loves to type on the computer, not sure what exactly but Santiago says that he copies his favorite books. I asked Santiago to help create an email account for Andres so that we could write to each other. I would love to get to know Andres better and know more about his thoughts. I confirmed that Andres is in his senior year of high school and I casually asked Santiago if he knew what Andres was going to do after he graduated from school. To my surprise he responded "He is going to college, to la Ibero", that's La Universidad Iberoamericana, one of the top universities in Mexico. I'm not sure about any of the details or how it is going to work out but I was so pleased to hear that. Santiago didn't know much more about Andres' plans but I can't wait to hear more about it and what he plans to study.

I am so proud of him and it gives me great hope to think that Joaquin might be able to get there someday.

Here are a few on my favorite photos of Andres growing up:

This is my most memorable photo of him, I remember we were playing soccer in my parents front patio and I started taking photos of him, he climbed on top of me and was laying on my chest looking at the camera with those big eyes. I remember how sweet and loving he was, I use to love when he walked into my parents house, I would get down on my knees and ask him for a hug, that was my favorite thing.


On a family trip to Oaxaca

So cute with his glasses

With Glenn Doman on one of his visits to the Institutes

Andres this past summer in Mexico with Mateo

1 comment:

  1. Andres is a handsome boy and his life is an inspiration to all!!!. Thank you so much for this post. :)

    ReplyDelete