Friday, October 10, 2008

More Alike Than Different


Can you guess who is who?

One of the biggest goals of Down Syndrome Awareness Month is to help people understand that people with Down syndrome are more alike than different. Here are each of our boys about the same age in the same hand knit beanie that my Grandma Esther made when Diego was first born. Even though children with Down syndrome have many common physical characteristics, they still have 46 chromosomes that came from each of their parents so they will still look very similar to their siblings. I think these photos prove it!

9 comments:

  1. how squishy and adorable!!! And I agree...they look SO much alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent proof!!!, I totally agree with you. The three of them look very similar. Sweet pictures!!!. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic post!!!! I love it!! They are ALL so cute...is Joaquin on the bottom?? I have similar pictures of Luke and Reid in their beanies... now I am going to have to go check them out and see if people would be able to tell them apart!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I give up. Which one is who?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pictures! They really are adorable, all three of them. And they do look alike!
    I am tempted to tell you who Joaquin is...only because I got the "inside" hint :)
    My family is from Mexico too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are in chronological order....Diego on top (or left), Mateo in the middle and Joaquin on the bottom (or right). Mateo was looking at all the pictures with me and kept saying "Look at all the baby Joaquins!!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah!!...I was right! I am getting so I can pick my little pal out of a crowd of clones! ...and for all intents and purposes he has become my little pal, I love checking in on Joaquin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was my guess!
    Amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete